Dear Valued Customer,

There seems to be a question about whether or not you need insurance to abide by the SAG New Media arrangement. The answer is that SAG requires at least $1,000,000 of General Liability and $1,000,000 of Workers Comp coverage whenever you are using SAG actor.

The good news is that the cost of insurance is affordable. Here’s a rough guideline: the price for a SAG New Media policy would be roughly $1,650. This covers you for $1M of General Liability and $1M of Workers Comp. The GL lasts 12 days, the WC lasts 60 days. It doesn’t matter if you only plan to do a 30-second video for a Facebook ad or a short YouTube clip that you hope goes viral. If you use a SAG actor, then they must have coverage through a Workers Comp policy. This covers the actor if they injure themselves. General Liability insurance covers injuries or property damage to third parties caused by the actor.

Please call for all the details, and an exact cost proposal.

With my best wishes,

Luke Gelineau

Myth & Fact: Insurance for the SAG New Media Contract

sag new media contract requires film productions to have insurance
Myth: I don’t need insurance to abide by the “SAG New Media” contract. Fact: You need coverage for General Liability and Workers Comp to abide by the “SAG New Media” contract. Recently, people are asking about the SAG New Media arrangement, which you can research on their website at There seems to be a question about whether or not …


How Much Is the Required SAG-AFTRA Insurance?

actors SAG-AFTRA insurance requirement Post Insurance
SAG-AFTRA now requires new media producers to show proof of insurance if they want to hire union actors. The new media agreements require both a General Liability Insurance policy and a Workers’ Compensation policy. So what do these policies cover and how much will this new SAG-AFTRA insurance requirement cost your production? General Liability Insurance for Film Productions General Liability …


Short-Term Equipment & Production Insurance

movie production third party property damage
Short-Term Production Insurance If you’re working on a smaller, faster shoot, like a music, online or corporate video; a television pilot, PSA, educational or training film, and you're only shooting a few productions, Short-Term Equipment & Production Insurance is for you. You'll get fast coverage at competitive rates. GET A QUOTE Short-Term Production Insurance If you’re not sure you’ll be doing any …

Read more